Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bones

I took these the other day on my play date with my husband.


We ran across this cow carcass on the ranch I mentioned in a previous blog, taking pictures on the way out. I think my honey was worried his friends would think I was odd to take pics of this even though I told them it was research photos for later.


I imagine the turkey vultures made short work of this one.





I find the bleached color fascinating. I always have this picture in my mind of bones yellowing with age, but I guess since they're in the sun, they bleach just like everything else.

This will make great reference for the '09 Halloween display.




No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.