Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pirates

"You know, Flint, I've been thinking about that map. And I think it's time we put together an expedition."
"Aye, aye Captain."

"But first, we'll need provisions."

"We're Lewis and Clarke."

"Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer."

"We're Siegfried and Roy."

"No, we're not."

And so begins the journey of two pirates... Well, losers, really, who think they're pirates.
Here's an indy film that grabbed me from the first. I took it as a sure sign that Dorkistan, as a country, is growing.


And so they sail forth on the Jolly Old Saint Nick, Captain and first (and second) mate, searching for cursed treasure. In a small, two-man boat. The head of a Barbie doll is their figurehead. Need I say more?

No, I won't tell you the storyline. I'll just tell you it's a funny movie, and worth an hour and a half of your time. It's not the greatest movie in the world. It is lovely, fluffy, escapism, and entertaining for those of us who live our whole lives, misunderstood, in Dorkistan, when we know that at heart, we're Pirates. Cubes cannot hold us, for the sea pounds in our blood and demands we heed its siren call. Or maybe that was the cell phone. I'm not sure.

I will sign off for a time, as I am heading off on my own journey to the family bosom. I hope to have some interesting Halloween-like tales to tell when I return, probably around the first of the year. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas, and a healthy, happy, and prosperous New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.