Wednesday, April 15, 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different... Again.

Spring has sprung officially here in California. The ducks and geese have been here for the winter, and over the weekend, I had my first sighting of a mama and her chicks. Last week, as I was taking pictures of my latest skull, I heard quacking. Serious quacking. (I think she was saying, "I'm an eagle! I'm an eagle!")

"Where the heck is that coming from?" I wondered. The wetland area is very close by, but not that close... I looked up, and there she was: on the top of the neighbor's garage, silhouetted against the sunrise.
Later that week, Mr. ShellHawk and I took the dogs out for a walk. We saw this little character chillin' in the shade of an oak tree. One day, I'll get up early and get some pictures of that oak. It's one of my favorites in the area.
I do love the Spring.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! And, by the way, I'm extremely jealous of that lush green grass :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be fooled! That's lush, green weeds you see there!

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.