Monday, June 29, 2009

The Thing

The Thing. John Carpenter. Blu-Ray. Widescreen. Collector's Edition.

I rented it the other day because I hadn't seen it in a very long time, and I remembered good things about it.

I remembered right. The gore has held up pretty well over the years. Some of the effects show as a little cheeseball now, in light of how far CG has come, but I still love the story what I call the "ten little indians" factor. One at a time, people drop, until...

You crap your pants at the next scare!

Can't wait to see the commentary in the extras. Get it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.