Monday, July 20, 2009

L.A. Moment: The Addams Family

Well, I'm back from L.A. and Grandma's 100th birthday. It was wonderful to see her, just glowing, at her birthday party! I may bore you with a few pics later...

Meanwhile, I've decided to throw a few random L.A. moments on the blog this week, although I did miss one photo op. Here's that brief story: I was driving home from the pub and was stopped at the bottom of the off ramp, waiting for the signal to turn. It was about 12:30 or so. As I waited, this guy and woman ride by on their bicycles. He's sitting about four or five feet higher than she is, on a bike with small wheels and a really tall seat. They pedal on by, and I'm left wishing my camera had been on! Random L.A. moment!

I found this little gem when I went to the car wash with my dad. Walking down the hallway of the car wash, windows on the right, so you can see the cars being washed, video games on the left, so you can throw more money away. Suddenly: old school alert! A pinball machine! An honest-to-God pinball machine!
Not just any pinball machine, either! An Addams Family pinball machine, complete with the nearly iconic picture of Raul Julia and Angelica Houston as Gomez and Morticia.
Uncle Fester does his light bulb trick.
Talk about unexpected treasure!

Another unexpected fun thing: There's a chance that Dark Delicacies in Burbank may carry my jack-o-lantern pots once I get them fired and glazed! I'm super thrilled just to have the opportunity. My husband was kind enough to wire up the proper receptacle for my kiln yesterday, so it looks like I'll be able to do my first firing this week!

And in other news... Well, it's a secret, and I can't tell you yet. Sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Wait, wait, WAIT! Forget the pinball machine! Headline should be all caps "MY ART MIGHT BE IN A STORE!!!!!!" (one of the few times I will forgive multiple exclamations. Hell, I'd forgive flash clip art for this announcement).

    THAT is SO amazing! I will do what is known in my house as the happy lifesaver dance. You don't have to understand what it is, but know it's saved for the most exciting of occasions.

    (*note* there is no use of jazz hands in this dance unlike other haunter's celebration dances. You know who you are, Jazzy McJazzerton).

    Plus, that store looks like a whole lotta fun.

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.