Monday, February 15, 2010

Work in Progress

Two clay classes are starting to yield some results. I'm certainly not the fastest sculptor in town, and there are times when I have to wait for the clay to dry to a certain point, which slows the project down even more. Here's the beginning of a series I'm doing, inspired by Charles De Lint's books. These were taken at the beginning of the class period, and looked much different by the end.
I'm hoping they'll survive the long weekend well. You can see my incredibly high-tech tools laying next to my piece. Yes, they are chopsticks. They're currently propping up my piece while it waits for me to come back on Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I hope I can see the finish product soon! I think it's to be slow when you do it for the first time, and I'm sure once you get used to it you'll be fast. I really like it ! I think it's really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks amazing!!! You are getting so much out of this class - thank you for passing the inspiration on to us!!

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.