Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's Happening Again

It's happening again. The seed catalogues are starting to trickle in. With the sting of disappointing crop production rapidly fading as the days slowly lengthen, optimism begins to bloom.
Could it happen? Could I actually get a good crop of pumpkins this year?Dreams of the huge Wyatt's Wonder dance through my head. Is it imagination, or are those dreams dancing with mockery? They could be.

And yet, I still dream.

I learned my lesson last year. I really did! Row covers need to be purchased to protect my guys from sunburn. Slug bait or copper tape needs to protect their tender buds.

I am smarter than the slugs. I can defend against the sun.

Maybe this year...

1 comment:

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.