Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blogger-Phooey!

So, seriously, Blogger? The Seventh Level of Hell to leave comments?

I went over to Devil's Eve's blog yesterday and saw he left this sweet post about Hauntcast. So I tootled down to the comment box to leave a comment. I leave my thanks. Blogger asks which profile I want to use to leave my comment. I use the one I always do. It sends me to the Blogger sign-in page. I sign in. It takes me back to the comments page, but this time, it shows my comment as being from "Anonymous," even though I just signed in. Then, it does that stupid word verification. I filled it in correctly. It sends me back to the sign-in page. I sign in again.

And again.

And again.

Then I did the sensible thing, and gave up. I literally could not leave a thank-you for someone who had done something really nice for all of us at Hauntcast. (BTW, GC, Thanks for your warm and lovely post!)

His is not the only blog that puts me in the Seventh Level of Hell. There are several people's blogs in which I've experienced this. (Thanks, Mike C. for your great mini movie starring my mini-ghost and his after-dark antics!) It really sucks.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or am I on some crazy Blogger blacklist for comments?

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I can't leave comments even when I try and log into my Google account. I can't leave this without "help".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same thing happen to me the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, one of my readers emaied another to let me know she can't comment. Blogger is having problems apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger can be a real b%^&* sometimes, no doubt about it. Thye keep 'improving' the code and getting it worse, not unlike Facebook.
    BUT I am glad you liked my minighosthunters movie 'cause it was so cool to get photographic proof that my minighosts be funky! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup...I also can't leave comments not via my Google account. I just get stuck in the loop. I have to manually put in my name.

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.