Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Great Puppy Saga of 2011-Samhain is Coming Home

Your days of peace and quiet are over, guys. Sorry!
Sam at 6 weeks
Tomorrow, Samhain, puppy Hell Hound, comes home to be with his family. The two dogs pictured above-the current Hell Hounds? Yeah. Their lives will be ruined.


At least, that's what they'll try to tell me. Well, maybe just the lab. The Shepherd will be ecstatic.


For the past week, Mr. ShellHawk, who originally wasn't 100% behind having another dog (except when he suggested it four times last year, after the lab tore the ligament in his knee and we thought we were going to have to put him down), has been asking, "Where's my puppy? Did you call her, yet? Did she say when you could pick him up?"


Sam at 5 weeks
I kept telling him, "It hasn't been eight weeks, yet. He'll be a better dog the longer he stays with his mama. After this long, another week won't matter."


But Sandy sent me an email yesterday and told me it would be o.k. to pick him up tomorrow, just shy of eight weeks. So after my hair appointment in the morning, it's off to Elk Grove to pick up the boy!


We're scrambling to finish puppy-proofing the house before he comes-although that phrase really seems like an oxymoron, now that I think about it. I need to pick up some puppy food and some bully sticks, but other than that, we're set to go! I'll post pics and vids very soon!

3 comments:

  1. With the cords there, it looks like your pups are plugged in!! Very cute, good luck with Samhain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let the crazy begin! Have fun you guys.

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.