Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Busy Week!

My vase in its new home!
This week has been one of the busiest of the Season, so far. A few jacks and my Hanged Man Raku vase have sold. My niece has come for a rare visit, and I had to drop everything and run up to Abel's Apple Acres to set up my booth (in a total panic! Maybe I'll post on that some other time.) on Tuesday, a day I had originally set aside for making more jacks. The good news? My jury duty has been discharged without my even having to make an appearance. Whew!

My niece's visit has been a bunch of fun! She's a great kid-polite and helpful, kind-hearted and always happy-and it seems like we may have actually been separated at birth. I feel a little sorry for my brother, who is not even slightly of the dark, goth-y persuasion, and is no doubt baffled as to why such a sweet child is in love with Jack Skellington and loves horror movies, let alone as to why she was born into his family, in particular. (I'm sure my mom felt the same about me, too! Hopefully, he'll learn to embrace her the way she is!)

Upon hearing another comment out of her mouth that could have come from mine, Mr. ShellHawk commented (after a meaningful look into my eyes) that she was "born with that wrong gene, too." I smiled sweetly and told him he was outnumbered, so be nice! Yes, it's been a great time, and my dad is flying up from L.A. today to stay with us, so hooray for the small family reunion!

Needless to say, I need to pop into the studio for a little bit to throw a few more jacks. I will get some more up in the ShellHawk's Creations shop as soon as I can!

Happy Labor Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.