Monday, June 24, 2013

The Dark Hallowe'en Art of Pumpkinrot

It's funny how, for hard-core haunters and Hallowe'en people, the beginning of summer is the beginning of the Hallowe'en season. There are only so many weekends and evenings before The Show (as my friend, Revenant, calls it), and those minutes and days are precious to us.

Planning is key, but before planning comes an even more important factor: inspiration.

I can't think, off the top of my head, of anyone more inspiring in the Halloween art genre than my brother from another mother, Pumpkinrot.
I know anyone reading this post in June already knows all about Rot and his constant inspiration and contributions to the Hallowe'en afflicted. I know this comment may come off as fawning, but it's truly the respect of one artist for another's work, techniques, and imagination.

Since I had a little time to putter around on the net while away on my anniversary trip, I put together a board on my Pinterest page, dedicated solely to Rot's creations. I hope you enjoy it.

Thank you, Rot, for the inspiration you give me and for making me push to do more with my art.

4 comments:

  1. I agree. I like how he's developed this whole mystique around who he is. You don't see him on the forums or making "how-to" videos or chatting on FB and yet I'll bet his is one of the most visited of all Halloween blogs. He likes his privacy but still shares his art. you have to appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is an amazing inspiration to all of us halloween people. Could not imagine the genre without him.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. Huge inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.