Monday, August 12, 2013

Graveyard EXTRAVAGANZA!

Husband and I were out in Mendocino County this past weekend for a little getaway with some friends of ours. While there are other things in Mendocino (including the gorgeous house where we stayed!) we did find a super pair of graveyards.

They're adjoined: Cuffey's (or Cuffy's) Cove Community Cemetery and Druid Cemetery. No Druids, but lots of great pics!

Some of these look very similar because I took some with my camera and some with my point and shoot!
The fog was kind enough to start rolling in for some nifty photos. I wish I had been able to capture it a bit better!
I love the detail work on this column/urn combination. It's held up beautifully, in spite of the weather!
Notice how this shows a male hand and a female hand by the different cuffs?
It was wonderful to walk around on a cool, foggy morning, in this quiet, sacred space. 

2 comments:

  1. The fog....cool. I haven't been lucky enough to capture images with fog in a cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Those are some truly impressive shots! Truly fortuitous that the fog rolled in when it did!

    I love the fact that this incredible graveyard, with all sorts of amazing headstone work, has a neon sign! There is something really cool and creepy about that!

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.