Thursday, September 5, 2013

Napa Artisans Festival Saturday!

I simply can't believe the Napa Artisans Festival is this Saturday, already! I don't feel like I'm ready, but then, I never do! It's being held at Veteran's Park in downtown Napa from 10:00 - 5:30. If you're in the area, and would like to come out, here's some info from the site:

The Napa Artisans' Festival features 200 artists, showing their original handcrafted art and crafts. This is a juried show - you see only the best of the best.And you get to enjoy it all with a glass of wine, micro-brewed beer or other beverage, as you stroll the streets.  Round any corner and find musicians performing to entertain you while you walk. Hungry?  Over a dozen food vendors will take care of that. FESTIVAL INFORMATION: 
  • 200 artists showing original, hand-crafted art
  • Dozens Napa Valley wine available by the glass
  • An ‘Artisans’ Court,’ featuring food from some of Downtown Napa’s most celebrated chefs, paired with premium wines from downtown tasting rooms
  • Special performance artists!
  • Musical entertainment, including The Time Bandits
  • Admission and parking are FREE. Downtown Napa offers a variety of garages and street parking.
 HERE ARE A FEW TIPS TO ENJOY:
  • Dress comfortably, put on some sunscreen, perhaps wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun. We expect beautiful weather this weekend!
  • Wear shoes you feel comfortable strolling in. The festival covers several city blocks, so you’ll be walking a lot.
  • Consider backpacking children. Strollers take up more space and are difficult to navigate through crowds. Enjoy the kids events area in the plaza.
  • Think about your holiday shopping when browsing the arts and crafts booths. Festivals offer unique gifts you can stash away until December.
Please leave your pets at home. Plan your trip.

I was really disappointed when a re-fire of the work with all the bubbles in the glaze turned out even worse and had to be pitched into the trash. I really could have used those pieces to fill my booth out more, but as they say, it is what it is! No use getting wound up about it. I'll have to make do with what I have and hope to sell a bunch of stuff!

Luckily, two friends are coming along with me to help set up, babysit, and tear down the booth. I was so happy they volunteered, as this show gives us about two hours to break down, and my teardown is three to three and a half hours if I'm alone. Thank goodness for friends like this!

The last of the product gets priced and packed today, and the SUV gets packed tomorrow as we have to leave at 5:15 AM Saturday to get there for load-in at 7:30. I get to sort through things today to see what gets taken and what gets left behind because it's Hallowe'en-related! (All of that is being saved for Hallowe'en and Vine!)

I've been glazing so much, I'm literally dreaming of glazing bowls in my sleep! The World's Most Expensive Craft Table has had all my glazing supplies on it for at least a month, now, but to his credit, Mr. ShellHawk has been very gracious about it. After this show is over, it's full-bore until Halloween and Vine, and that means another month or so of glazing supplies on the table!

Additionally, I just got accepted into the Folsom Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair for this year. I see getting really tired of making Christmas ornaments, but that's fine! I'll just keep chugging like I always do!

Well, onwards! I hope to see you Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.