Saturday, May 30, 2015

John Leach, Potter

Since my body clock is now set for 4:30 AM, it's hard for me to sleep late on weekends. "Late" tends to be around 6:30 or so. So Saturday mornings, I tend to be the first one up. I've started a Saturday morning ritual of watching biographies and interviews of potters on YouTube, as well as instructional videos to keep me inspired and moving forward. I guess it's my adult version of Saturday morning cartoons!

This morning, I'm watching, "John Leach, Potter." John Leach is the grandson of the internationally renowned potter, Bernard Leach and the brother of potter Simon Leach.

For people who are makers, it's a really interesting window into the thought processes of someone who runs a business based on making. He talks about the successes and failures inherent in the making of pottery, and the satisfaction of having done nothing else for his living.

Click on the pic for the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.