Friday, April 8, 2016

I Almost Had a Real Post, But Then I Got Distracted by Life

A new teapot for West Coast Haunters Convention
Life has just been entirely too filled with adulting, lately. (Adulting? Worst decision I ever made!) 

Mr. ShellHawk and I recently did a re-fi of the house to drop our interest rate, there have been a number of event applications to fill out for this year's shows - along with digging up the money to pay for the booth fees, there's the "regular" job, household things, rehabbing my dog's leg and running her back and forth to the vet for physical therapy.

Just thinking about it makes me want a hot bath and a nice bottle of champagne.

My birthday came and went, with a wonderful surprise visit from my dad and a day trip to Napa, not to mention a wonderful birthday/Easter brunch with friends. The weather was stunning, so all around, it was the perfect birthday weekend. (Mr. ShellHawk even bought a wine club membership to Tamber Bey Vineyards for me for my birthday, which was a splendid gift!) We now have a problem common in the wine country: We only have the good wine in the wine fridge! We're out of the inexpensive, everyday stuff! *gasp*

I'll try to soldier on through that last one...

I've been working on some custom orders and trying my best to get some stock ready for West Coast Haunters before I leave for vacation next week. (Nearly two heavenly weeks in Hawaii!) I got a new point of sale system and have ordered some generic bar codes so I can track my inventory more easily and streamline the checkout process for my customers at my shows.

I got invited to show at RuPaul's DragCon, but had to turn them down this year because I just don't have enough stock. :'(

This post was supposed to be following one of my pieces from start to finish, but it's going to have to wait for a bit!

It's only 6:00 AM, but I have to run and get back to making stuff so I can start the kiln before going to work. 

A potter's work is never done. :D

1 comment:

  1. OMG - that's so cool that you were invited to DragCon! I think that would be a riot to go to.
    This is an old post and I'm behind on reading, so hope you enjoyed your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.