Friday, May 11, 2012

One Last Shameless Plug-And Potters Make Terrible Hand Models!

 I'm down to the wire with a million things left to do for the El Dorado Hills Art & Wine Affaire this weekend. I skipped my workout so I could start pricing, inventorying (is that a word?) and packing my stuff for tomorrow. I started taking photos of my stuff the other day, so I could have it documented, but I'm not done with that as of yet.
And I discovered I shouldn't be a hand model. I took the picture above to give a sense of the size of my little wine cup without the unattractive tape measure. I came up with this hand position to hide my potter's hands.
Potter's hands look like they work hard. Clay dries out your hands, gives you hangnails, ruins your cuticles, and don't even think of getting a manicure, because it's a waste of money! I wouldn't want to do anything but work in clay (and be the Mistress of Mayhem on Hauntcast) anymore, so I'm satisfied with the look of my hands-until they start cracking from the dryness, that is. I'm still looking for a good restorative treatment for them.


Well, anyway. Please come out to see me if you're in the area. I'm the exhaused-looking, frazzled woman begging for wine from the people in the booth next to me!


Oh, and by the way, a big, fat shout-out to Guy Miller of House Bloodthorn for my new "normal" banner-and by normal, I mean not Hallowe'en! He also designed a postcard for me. Check it out:
Not just a Hallowe'en talent! Thanks, Guy!

1 comment:

  1. love that wine cup. nice.

    also- aquaphor and a pair of cotton gloves work minor miracles for me.

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.