Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Historic Folsom Arts and Crafts Fair Saturday!

My kiln has been working extra hard these past couple of weeks. I've been glazing like there's no tomorrow, plus trying to get ready for my surgery, which is next week, already! The Folsom Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair is this Saturday, already, and though I'm in overdrive and short on sleep, I'm chugging along!
These last weeks have not been without setbacks. A few casualties, such as the plate above (along with half a kiln load of mid-fire ware), have occurred. Even so, I keep going. Mr. ShellHawk has been great about pitching in, keeping me fed and putting clear glaze on ornaments and plates so I can get things in the kiln faster. At this point, I'm only limited by how long it takes for the kiln to cool between loads!

I've already been thinking about how I'll need to plan my time for next year, and how I can add some creepy elements to my Christmas offerings. It should be interesting!

I haven't even had time to take proper pictures of everything, so you're getting the raw, in-studio snapshots!
In any case, if you're in the neighborhood this Saturday between 8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M., please swing by the booth and say hello! I'd love to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.