Saturday, March 4, 2017

Little Upgrade = BIG Help!

Tools.

Potter's tools. Sculpting tools. Everywhere! All over the studio.

Always in the way of something else.

I've had the idea of getting them organized for a long time, but the actual doing it hadn't come to pass. Until now!

I had some pegboard hanging around since we moved into this house, ten years ago. The previous owners had left it, and I wasn't about to throw it away, so...

Yes, I can be a pack rat. Let's not go there, o.k.?
I had hubby replace the brackets I had there already with longer ones, and then we attached the pegboard. I have a ton of the doohickeys you use for pegboard, lurking around in a giant Ziploc baggie in one of the garage drawers (also from roughly ten years ago), so it was just a matter of digging through them and figuring out what layout was going to work out.
It gave me the opportunity to see which tools I had and how many, so I don't end up buying more of the ones I already have. I love that they're all in view, in easy reach, and organized!
I'm a bit bummed that I had to ditch my Trick 'R Treat movie poster. I've had it in the studio for a long time, and I need to find another place for it. I'm running out of wall space!

For those of you wondering, those lovely, hand-made wooden tools are from Burlchaser's Etsy shop. They're spectacular to work with and inspiring to look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.