Friday, November 1, 2019

Hallows 2019

Hallowe'en in L.A.! The fires we've had have made the traffic so bad!
How bad was it?
It was so bad, people were just dying to get out of their cars when they got home!
I didn't do very much decorating this year. I sold some props last year in the hopes that when my Hallowe'en Spirit finally returns, I can make new and more beautiful props than ever before.
A few favorites still showed their faces to good effect, and honestly, everyone who came to the door last night was just as delighted as if I'd put up my full graveyard with all the pneumatics, like I used to.
Dad graciously carved the pumpkins this year, and I was really impressed with the faces. I thought he did a great job!
I even put my own, handmade cbeeswax candles in them which was pretty gratifying!
My beautiful Sam (not pictured) was the doggo of the hour. Sweet and gentle with the tiniest of Trick-or-treaters, he was convinced that everyone had come to see him! It even got around that there was a sweet and beautiful dog at our place, and people came just to pet him.

I'm so grateful to have had him for one more Hallowe'en! I hope he'll make it to next year's.

Anyway, Happy New Year to you all. I hope you had the most wonderful of Hallowe'ens! 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good night. Ours was quiet, only 16 TOTs, but it was really nice. I also purged some props and technical elements that always drove me nuts. I'm glad Sam had a good time. This was the first year my now 8 year old Lucy waited patiently in the hallway when I went to hand out candy. I was really bummed to see Rot never posted, but what can we do. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.