Sunday, July 16, 2023

Cherry Season, Again!

This post contains links to products on Amazon, and I may get a commission for any qualifying purchases, although that's as likely as a cat speaking fluent Japanese.

It's that time of year for cherries, and I decided to take a break from making wine cups to make my Oma's Cherry Torte recipe! 



I had to get a new springform pan for this endeavor, and decided on this Nordicware 9" springform pan. It released easily and the cleanup was a snap.

For the sake of sanity, I decided to get a cherry pitter, and found this multi-cherry pitter to do the job. I gotta say, having a pitter that handles many cherries at one time instead of just one at a time was a boon! I don't make enough of these cakes to justify one of those fancy electric pitters, although I can see the appeal if you did.

Well, time for some coffee and my first slice of cherry torte!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.