Saturday, February 1, 2014

Church of the Dead

In the Czech Republic is a church for haunters.

O.K., not exactly, but this should be on your bucket list if you are a haunter. Known as Sedlec Ossuary (also as the Church of Bones or the Cemetery Church of All Saints), this place, similar to the Catacombs of Paris, is built on a cemetery which came into existence due to the Black Plague. When it was time to build a church, something had to be done with the bones, so a monk apparently had the genius idea of--making a chandelier with human bones?! Yeah. He did. And it didn't stop there...
Via Curious Places blog.
Via Freshinfos.com
Via Washington Post.
More info on the Sedlec Ossuary here.

1 comment:

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.