Tuesday, October 1, 2013

You've Been Boo-ed!

Most of you know I don't post Hallowe'en things that fall into the "cute" category, but in this case I've made an exception. Why? Because this one helps get the "normies" into Hallowe'en!

In case you were unaware, there's a fun little Hallowe'en variation of Ding Dong Ditch you can play with your neighbors to get them in the spirit of the season. Someone said it was like "Secret Santa" for Hallowe'en, but I prefer to think of it as "Secret Great Pumpkin!"
You can go to Anders Ruff for the images above.
What you do is go to one of the websites featuring the "I've Been Boo-ed" poem. Download it and print it onto your desired paper. (The Avery Label people have downloadable templates which make this really easy!) Get together a little Hallowe'en themed gift basket (I love the one pictured above, but you can customize it to your budget) or bag (last year, the Dollar Store had some fun, small bags for, um, a dollar!), or if you're crafty, you can make your own hangable cone.
After you get one or two of these together, pick the victims-er, recipients. Get your basket together with the poem and the little sign that says, "We've Been Boo-ed". At sunset or just when dark hits, leave it on their steps, ring the doorbell, and run like hell! They get their treats, and hang up their "We've Been Boo-ed" sign.

The idea is that your neighbors will take up the challenge and spread the Boo-ing throughout the neighborhood.

It's kind of like Amway, but cooler!

I haven't done this for the past couple of years, but I plan to this year. The neighborhood really needs a little Hallowe'en cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.