Monday, November 5, 2018

Spooky Rhymes and Riddles

Pinterest is such a wonderful resource for all things spooky, I must say! I get notices of "Pins we think you might like" and from time to time, I get that, "Hey! I remember that!" sensation.  I can't believe I had forgotten all about this little treasure from Scholastic Books.

And that's exactly what happened with this book: Spooky Rhymes and Riddles, by Lillian Moore.
 The rhymes are delightful, but the illustrations (done by Ib Ohlsson) are such old-school Hallowe'en goodness! I was entranced by them as a kid. 
And after I saw it on Pinterest, I had to order a copy of my own. It's not in pristine condition, but I don't really care, honestly!
With illustrations of this quality? No. I don't care that it's not absolutely perfect. This is sheer Hallowe'en spookiness with that all-important touch of sweetness and innocence from childhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.