Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Work In Progress

Stamped tumblers drying after being thrown and trimmed.
It's tough to create "enough" stuff when you have a full-time job and an hour and a half commute each way, but somehow, a little gets created!

A quicky knitting bowl
I've been having fun with creating new stamps from polymer clay and playing around with the textures. My creativity and ideas have been increasing as my stress levels have been decreasing, and I'm excited to get into exploring new forms and techniques.
Ultimately, I'd like to try the opening technique the first Master Potter in this video does. It looks like you can achieve larger works with less wear and tear on the body. (After I read this article by Smithsonian Magazine, I've become even more aware of how hard being a potter is on my aging bones!)
I've lately been enamored of throwing larger, wide bowls, which would be suitable for either serving food or display. The stamped pattern inside the bowl above creates texture on the outside, too!
You can pick up some of my textured things in the ShellHawk's Creations Etsy shop. I'll be adding more this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.