Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Pumpkin Liqueur is Almost There!

Since I had some time on my hands, I decided to make another batch of Pumpkin Spice Liqueur from the Halloween Drinks Blog.

I did the older version of it, the long-steep method. I started a couple of months ago, and to be honest, I got tied up with life and pushed off completing it in exactly the time Scott recommends. I also spaced on the ground ginger, so it will be sweeter, rather than spicier.

I found out he developed a one-hour recipe, too! I may try that in the future.

In any case, I'm in the final filtering phase. Unfortunately, since my life is still in storage, I don't have access to a couple of the things I used for the straining and filtering process, so it's going really slowly right now. I did order a strainer/funnel set, which I think may work fairly well with the gold coffee filter and paper filters I'm using. If I ever decide to do this with any regularity (doubtful, but possible), I'll invest in a better straining and filtering system, like this Buon Vino system. I just can't justify it right now, since the last time I did this was probably six years ago!

In any case, I'll let you know how it turned out!

1 comment:

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.