Friday, December 24, 2021

Happy Hogswatch Eve!

Terry Pratchett released his Solstice origin story, Hogfather,  in 1996. Ten years later, the BBC got a delightful cast together and made a two-part mini-series based on the book, and over the years, it's become a Christmas/Solstice classic.

The story follows both Death and his granddaughter, Susan, on the Eve of the Solstice, as they try to find the missing Hogfather. Death, in the meantime, has stepped into the Hogfather's shoes in a hilarious attempt to fulfill the Hogfather's Hogswatch Eve duties.

If the Hogfather cannot be found and rescued from whatever mayhem has kept him away from his duly appointed rounds, the sun will not rise on Hogswatch Day, and there will be Hell to pay!

I've watched this every Christmas Eve for years now and love the tradition. Recently, I brought a couple of boxes of books home from storage and was ecstatic to find I still have the paperback I bought all those years ago.

Click on the big pic of Death in his clever Hogfather disguise to Amazon, where you can stream both episodes.

Happy Hogswatch Eve, everyone!

1 comment:

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.