Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Closer, closer, closer...

This is my last pumpkin guy for the year! I really pushed his drying time by sticking him out in the sun for a couple of days and then laying him down so the fan could dry out his insides, too. He went into the kiln with the rest of the crew on Sunday (with a one hour preheat and the firing set to "slow") and I have been hoping he comes out in one piece!

I honestly love him so much I wish I could keep him! But there's only so much space...


And the waiting. The waiting is the hardest part! The kiln needs to cool to 100° F before I can open it, and then it's the marathon glazing sessions that have to happen, plus two more firings! 

Who needs sleep, right?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.