Sunday, May 23, 2021

More WIPs

 Sorry that it's been a bit since my last post! I've been busy with lots of things and there are only so many hours in the day!

I'm currently training myself on some new pottery forms. While Halloween ceramics are still undoubtedly my bread and butter, I'd like to make some more art pots so I can start submitting to international art shows, again. As the time my kiln is expected to arrive draws nearer, day by day, my desire to make new and beautiful art intensifies!





I'm taking the time to start carving porcelain, again, and I'm pushing myself to make larger pieces, too. Since my shoulder is still recovering from a nasty case of tendonitis, I'm learning to compensate and not over-stress the area so that I can continue to make new pots.



It'll be interesting to see how the larger piece turns out. Honestly, I'm just hoping it will survive my poking and prodding it into shape!

And I'm behind on Hallowe'en making, but I think I'll be able to catch up with it soon!

Onward!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - those are impressive. I love the carving - especially the landscape.

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.