Sunday, June 6, 2021

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Spring is in full swing, and has been racing by so fast that we're almost to the Summer Equinox! Where did the time go?

I took a break from my usual clay-obsessed Saturday mornings to go on a hike with a friend and took my Grace along. It was a perfect day to harvest some white sage for smudge sticks, since it's still pretty cool in the mornings, and the 80 degree 9:00 AMs are still about a month away. I was really proud of what a good girl she was! It was her first time wearing a backpack, but she adapted like an old pro!


After we got back an my friend headed out to do her errands, I got back to my clay. Unfortunately, the first big pot I had made was simply not right. If I know something I make isn't up to my standards, I'll destroy it rather than take it all the way to completion. My work goes out into the world and speaks about me when I'm not there, and I won't allow inferior things to represent me!

So back to the beginning I went.


Piece by piece, a new pot was grown! And of course, I had help from my studio assistant!


It took most of the day, as you can't just throw and attach. The clay has to set up in between, and although I use a torch to speed things up, I'm still cautious about how much heat I put on each section.




I am really pleased with the final form! I have more I plan to do with it, but the basics are done!



I got a few other things thrown and they're all in various states of completion. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

Meanwhile, my garden is doing really well. I planted a couple of ornamentals in the little shade garden and they're starting to bloom! I know it's silly, but just looking at them makes me smile.


And in between all of this, I'm trying to get more jewelry in the ShellHawk's Creations Etsy Store!




I'm always amazed that people say they're bored! I mean, wow! There's always so much to create!


No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.