Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Chugging Along!

So remember the last post I did about the large pot I made? Well, things are moving along a little bit at a time!



I took some time to make some slip from the red version of the clay I use. Slip is essentially somewhat runny, creamy mud. I put a few layers on the pot and let it solidify.

And the angst began.

"What am I going to carve into this? What if I screw it up?"

I always do this. Start a big project and then psych myself out. It's not one of my better features. But I have learned to step in and just start. It helps to just do the first thing, the first line, whatever. Just taking the first step is empowering! Then I can get into my creative zone and just keep rolling with the momentum of one step after another. I know how to do this part!

So I made a decision and dove in!

I'll keep carving around the pot, continuing with the California desert theme. If this turns out well, I hope to be able to submit it to one or two of the more prestigious art shows. It's been a few years since I got juried into an international art show, and longer since I had a piece in a museum show. That's going to change, really soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.