Sunday, August 28, 2022

Short Update - Jars and More!








After Midsummer Scream, I was exhausted! Three days of long hours and lots of people was more draining than I had remembered, and I imagine at least some of that is having been isolated for so long due to the Covid-19 lockdowns. I got too used to being alone or just with my folks and suddenly - 50,000 people! Eeek!

I gave myself a week off and then got back to work, this time on some apothecary jars, big enough to be cookie jars!


Sadly, yours truly pulled a total rookie move and picked up one of the greenware (almost bone dry) jars wrong and cracked it. I did my best to repair it, but even as I put it in the kiln for the first firing, I was fairly sure it wouldn't survive. I was right.




The upside is, I know a potter who can make another one! Yay, me!

So the ones which came out of the kiln are in the process of being glazed. Three of them are a commission for my friend Emma, over at Soap Cauldron. She and her crew recently moved into a new, larger space and she wants to put them in her store! I'm very excited for her expansion, because that means I get to keep using her wonderful, handmade soap fo a long time to come!

This weekend, I was fortunate enough to be helping out at Digital Day at the DGA! Every year, the Directors Guild holds an invitation-only event to feature the latest in digital technology for film and TV. I was working with some folks who are doing some truly incredible things with AI, DGene (soon to be Artemi), and got to once again see the results of a shoot I produced just before Covid shut everything down.


It was fantastic to see the advances they've made since then, and also to check out a couple of the VFX sequences which their subsidiary, Makuta VFX, did for Netflix's RRR. (Check out the sequence at 2:19 of the trailer!)

Life has been so much fun, lately! I'm so eager to see what comes next!


1 comment:

  1. Those jars are so cool - they are gonna look great in a soap store.

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.