Wednesday, April 22, 2009

For the Graveyard...

If you haven't had the chance to join any of the Halloween forums yet, you may want to give it some thought before the heaviest part of the build season is upon you. It'll give you a chance to formulate your budget (and spread the costs out over months) and plenty of time to build that perfect prop.
The Garage of Evil Ning site has come up with a brilliant foam-cutting tool that costs significantly less than the pro models. Find it here. It should significantly reduce your cutting time.
There's also this "Beloved" gravestone from Terra at Halloween Forum. She has a great tutorial with each picture she posted. I saw this and immediately ran out to purchase a wedding gown-for only $20 from Snowline Hospice store!

If you're looking for a cemetery fence how-to, go to Horror Find here. A neat gravestone tutorial is at HauntSpace, too.

Spookyblue, who has been a great mentor to me, has this tutorial on making some bad-ass pumpkins.

You may have to join some of these sites in order to view my links, but truly, if you want to take it up a notch this year, joining a good forum is the way to go!

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff, and great links!
    My children have now reached the age where Halloween (or the pursuit of candy) is no longer relevant (hrmp...'teens'), so the wife and I have decided that we will finally be able to make that haunted yard display we have always wanted...that is, we can finally stay home and start handing out chocolate goodies, instead of chasing them!
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "Beloved" gravestone is one of the coolest things I have ever seen, very amazing work.
    Thanks for sharing the links to the tutorials.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.