Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Jack in His New Home/New Mast Head!

I never thought of putting a green light in one of my white jacks! It looks
pretty cool, doesn't it?
Michael over at the Skull and Pumpkin blog was gracious enough to purchase one of my Raku jack-o'-lanterns!

This is great for reasons aside from actually having money in my account. First, I heart Michael and his blog. He's just such a great person (I had a chance to spend a few minutes with him at Monsterpalooza a couple of years ago); witty and funny, and a really decent human being.

Second, since my works are kind of like my kids-only, of course, I'm hoping most people don't actually sell their children-I want them to go to good homes, where people can appreciate them and make them part of their daily or holiday memories. I feel very much like Mr. Glass about my artwork, at least most of the time, and I love when it goes to a place where it will be admired, rather than a place where it will be carelessly used one or two years, then stuck haphazardly in a junk sale. *shudder* 

No, I love the idea that what I make will be a part of someone's growing-up memories, like that special Christmas decoration that gets passed from generation to generation.

Michael wrote a nice blog post about the jack he purchased, plus included a shot with the Mini-Boo he won last year in one of my giveaways! Thanks, Michael! And I'm very glad you like your evil jack!

In other news, you may have noticed that the fireplace picture on my blog's mast head has been switched out to reflect this year's crop of jack-o'-lanterns. Thank you to Guy of House Bloodthorn for doing that, and for making my blog look so spooky and cool!

Well, back to work! My Open House is Sunday, and I have more to do than I have hours in the day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good....glad to hear that Mike got his own Jack....mine feels much safer now.

    That reminds me....I have a draft blog post I need to finish.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.