Friday, October 3, 2014

Ghost in the Window

Waaaaay back in 2009, I did a post on the Pepper's ghost illusion. Earlier this year, I made mention of a particular YouTube video, by user 5qu1d, also known as Paul Lasaine, of a ghost in a window, playing piano.
Click on the pic to watch the video.
Paul has experience in the making of illusions, because he does that for a living! Paul's portfolio is quite impressive, and includes some work on the visually gorgeous Lord of the Rings series. I contacted Paul a few months ago to get permission to use his video in a lecture I did over at Scare LA, the big Halloween convention at the L.A. Mart in August. After we emailed back and forth, and after he gave me permission to use his video, he posted a nice how-to of the effect. Pepper's ghost is a relatively simple effect, but you have to get everything set up just right!
Click on the pic for the how-to.
This particular illusion is one which gives you a lot of bang for your buck! People will stand outside your window for hours, watching this! I still haven't done it, but maybe this year? 

Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.