Monday, August 3, 2015

So This Happened...

...a few weeks ago. Ain't it pretty? *eye roll*
My cousin moved in with us a few months ago and brought her dog with her. Overall, integrating all three of the dogs has gone pretty well. They've played together, eaten together without any food aggression, and been pretty good. Better, in fact, than any of us anticipated.

Except, of course, sometimes the girls have disputes, which is how I ended up with twelve stitches during the most critical and busy time of my year.

With ScareLA only days away, panic, overwhelm and stress doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling. 

I can't make my most popular product at the time when demand is highest. I can't make the commissions people have been asking for. And even though the stitches are out, I can't bend my finger for fear of the partially healed skin splitting and ending up at square one. It'll be a few more days before I can take the splint off and start trying to bend my stiff finger. I can't feel the knuckle at all because there's been some nerve damage. Thankfully, though, no tendons were torn when one of the dogs caught my finger by accident. That would have been even more of a catastrophe for a potter!

I was already behind because of working a "real job" and my shoulder surgery, and now this. *sigh*

One year--one full year--I will get through without an injury or other physical drama which prevents me from getting my real work done.

*sigh*

Can I borrow some Xanax, please?

7 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...have you ever thought about having yourself ah, um, how do I say this...cleansed? Using some kind of ritual, I mean. I don't want to sound alarmist or anything, but it's almost like someone or something has put a whammy on ya ;0

    Try a Curse Removal. Couldn't hurt, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking more along the lines of a bubble-wrap suit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Might be hard to throw in tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you don't mind the occasional popping noises... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's bubble wrap now that won't pop, apparently. According to my husband. Either way good luck with Scare LA! I wish for you many sales :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, that's horrible! Hope you're better soon!

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.