Saturday, July 23, 2022

Ohhhh, He's SO GOOD!

And to be honest, I don't even care if some of you read that post title a little dirty, at first! Lol! 

I worked hard on this guy and I couldn't be happier with the results!

I took him over to UPS today to get a ballpark idea of how much he would be to ship, should someone need that service at Midsummer Scream, and everyone there was ecstatic to see him and know I'd be entrusting him to their care.

As with my other jacks, I glazed his inside yellow, so that whatever lighting goes in his head really pops!

I also re-fired this jar. I had used a lavender celadon over obsidian celadon, but when I pulled it out of the first glaze firing, the lavender was almost unnoticeable. I decided to slop on another thick coat of lavender over it and take the chance it would show up when it came out.

And it did! Not as much of a contrast as I would have liked, but I like the quality of how the lavender blends in, almost like cream getting poured into black coffee. Next time, I'll fiddle with the application and see what results I can get.

I am so loving firing at cone 6, again. I have some really fun stuff in mind (when don't I?) and as always, it's going to be a matter of being able to make time for some experimenting. Work, aging parents and creating Halloween ceramics. What more is there to life? 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Knowing how much can go sideways during a glaze firing makes me extra happy about how he came out!

      Delete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.