Sunday, October 15, 2023

Artist Open House Today!

This here baby is already in his new home, scaring the spooks away from his new owner's front door!

Yesterday... Well... It was a long day, and I was on my feet for almost all of it.




 It's my yearly "deep-clean-before-people-come-tomorrow" day, and that took a couple of hours. I do wash the patio down from time to time to keep the clay dust to a minimum, after sweeping up the larger chunks while wearing a KN-97 mask (inhaling clay dust can lead to silicosis, which, um, no thank you), but a deep cleaning requires moving the furniture and the lion's share of my ceramics equipment off the patio area and the trash cans from their nook. 

Dead wasps? Washed away. Cobwebs? Gone. Literal, garden-variety dirt? Swept up and dumped back into the garden beds. I even take the pressure nozzle and knock the dead leaves off of our old wisteria vine so there aren't many to deal with the next day.

So today is setup and I have to get rolling. Keep an eye out for my shop to reopen in the next day or two so you can grab a Halloween thing for yourself!

Next up in my making cycle: Krampuslauf!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.