Monday, February 23, 2009

Fantastic Machine

I went to my CalHaunts NorCal meeting on Saturday and got to see some really cool stuff that'll be at the Trans World Convention. I'm going to see if I can get an interview with the gentleman who hosted our meeting before I give you any tidbits, but... I got this email today which reminded me of the folks of Cal Haunts, always tweaking props and servos to make the haunt experience the very best it can be. To quote my email:

"This incredible machine was built as a collaborative effort between the Robert M. Trammell Music Conservatory and the Sharon Wick School of
Engineering at the University of Iowa . Amazingly, 97% of the machines components came from John Deere Industries and Irrigation Equipment of Bancroft, Iowa , yes farm equipment!

It took the team a combined 13,029 hours of set-up, alignment, calibration, and tuning before filming this video but as you can see it was WELL worth the effort. It is now on display in the Matthew Gerhard Alumni Hall at the University and is already slated to be donated to the Smithsonian."

Turn up your sound!

1 comment:

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.