Monday, September 20, 2010

The Zombie Workout

I was talking with BFF Ghoul Friday last week, and the topic rolled around to zombies. She'd had a convo with a teenageer regarding surviving The Zombie Apocalypse (maybe she'll share that with you one day...) and I mentioned the Zombie Workout.
I subscribe to Wired Magazine, and had been flipping through a couple of months back when I ran across this article on ZombieFit, a workout program in St. Charles, Illinois. (If you click on the link, the little numbers in the picture will make sense.)

Since I've just started an X-Bike workout program a couple of times a week, I was enthralled with an exercise regime that may actually prove useful one day. I mean, all of us know that fatties are the first to go from watching our informative zombie apocalypse movies, and I just am not for being a chunk of zombie nosh. If this program came to my gym, I would sign up instantly, and actually show up consistently.

5 comments:

  1. After reading this I feel that I no longer have any reason not to learn parkour.
    Not only does it look awesome, but obviously it could save my life.

    ...Which is what I'll tell people when they find me climbing over fences and walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me? I would be paying the price of a full gym membership for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOoooooooooooo! Parkour! I have a new vocal-berry word!

    At my current fitness level, I would almost certainly injure myself, but after my broken nose and twisted ankel healed, I'd probably be good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have time to talk to people?!?! I am doing something wrong in my life :D

    You share the coolest stuff!!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey ShellHawk,

    I just wanted to say thank you for your blog. I really enjoy it.

    I've given you a blog award. Read about it here --

    Wonderful Wonderblog

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.