Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Headless Horseman

I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I was going through a Headless Horseman phase. I just realized that I haven't read the original story by Washington Irving! I guess that will be on my new reading list.

I'm floored by how many images The Headless Horseman has inspired.
Source.

Source.
Source.
Source.
Source.
Source.

There's a neat blog post here with a tutorial of how to do a rearing horse/horseman prop. And of course, you can go to The Legend of Sleepy Hollow blog to see another fantastic prop.

I need a bigger garage.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yes...you must read the original story! Much better that Tim Burton's take on the tale, in my opinion....and I must admit that Civ (over at the Legend blog) is my inspiration for Halloween haunting in this neck of the woods; his horseman set new heights for prop building, and gave me the incentive to build a Hessian of my own....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll get around to doing one, myself, one of these days. There is so much inspiration for the prop out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all of the variations out there, I don't think I've ever read the original either. Definitely one for the fall reading list. Great images!

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.