Friday, October 2, 2009

Masters of Horror: Wes Craven

In thinking about Halloween in general, and what inspired me to love Halloween as I do, I'd have to say that reading horror books and watching horror movies (on the sly) as a youngish child was a major factor. I remember reading The Shining when I was around twelve or thirteen years old, under the covers with a pilfered flashlight. I was old enough to enjoy the slasher film streak of the 80s, and was known to have films like The Fog, Terror Train and Halloween on VHS for my Halloween parties. And then, there was Nightmare on Elm Street.

I got to see that in the theater with a boyfriend, and I remember being abso-freaking-lutely terrified to go to sleep that night. I think I even slept with my Snoopy stuffed animal that night, for comfort. I was very surprised and pleased to find the creator of that scare on the Showtime documentary, "Masters of Horror."

Thanks for all the nightmares, Wes. You helped make me who I am today.



I'll be bringing you more of The Masters of Horror this month, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.