Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Custom Faces

Just got a bisque firing finished and opened the kiln this morning. Unfortunately, I had my first home kiln explosion the other morning, within an hour of starting my kiln. I ended the cycle as soon as I heard it (I happened to be talking to a neighbor by the garage when I heard it), so that it wouldn't continue to explode and damage the other pieces in the kiln. My own fault, really. I had a feeling I should have let the two pieces that blew up dry out for another couple of days, but I thought I could get away with it. Lesson learned!

Fortunately, the three comission pieces I had in there did just fine. The client sent me the designs and let me know he just wanted them to look similar, but I think I got them almost precisely duplicated.
Since I'm starting to throw larger pieces and was on a roll for the three above, I decided to try a new face on a larger pot:
I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll turn out after glazing!

Oh, and remember: I have a giveaway going on right now, so don't forget to check the original post for how to enter!

I have also added a few more pumpkins to the shop, as I have nearly sold out of the ones I have on hand. Feel free to browse!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool looking!! Commission work - oh how fancy!! :D Very excited for you!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful as always! Love the cyclops. Lots of fun shapes.

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...