Monday, August 17, 2009

Bell, Book and Candle

This time of year, we haunters are busy. Up early on weekends to beat the heat for awhile and to get in the maximum amount of build time. At the end of the day, we're tired, but the mind still craves Halloween. Through the DVD collection we pore, until we come up with a favorite we want to see right now. This is one of mine. Enjoy!

Here's a clip:

Kim Novak was so very elegant! Jimmy Stewart was his very best in this film, in my opinion.

If you haven't had a chance to pick up this movie, do. It's family-friendly, though nothing explodes in it and your kids may be bored as a result. Elsa Lanchester of Bride of Frankenstein fame has a fun part as the ditsy, witchy aunt with a fuzzy idea of personal property ownership. Jack Lemmon was fun to watch as the bongo-playing brother.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! I hear you about the prop building! We are in overdrive mode right now.

    Sadly I have to admit I have not seen this one. But I plan to remedy that shortly!

    Thanks for sharing.


    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this movie.
    I just watched again not 3 days ago.
    Kim Novak is second only to Caroline Jones' Morticia Addams as most alluring woman on the planet.

    Incredible cast in this film.
    It was also the movie that made Stewart decide he was too old to play romantic leads anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't seen this one. I'll have to add it to this season's list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice...I haven't seen this one in years. Must dig up sometime after I finish digging out from my own Halloween making mess this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim Novak was the bomb! I loved this movie!

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.