Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Yard Stuff

We've been going through another hot spell here-100+ degrees-so I've been paying attention to the watering schedule a little more than usual. The pumpkins were planted at the end of May, since last year they weren't ready at Halloween. I saved the seeds from some pumpkins I bought at the store, so though I have six different varieties, I can only tell you the names of two or three of them. I bought some seeds, too: Wyatt's Wonder, Jack, and Howden. I have mini pumpkins, a tall, oblong varitey, and a medium-sized round type. Here they are, in progress!
A side-trip to the front yard to prune roses gave me a bit of a start. I caught a glimpse of color in the tree, and took a closer look:
Yup. Fall is absolutely on its way.
I feel like I have to apologize for the posts being so short lately. Every day, I've been out in the studio, working on projects, and the days zip by like a streaker on a football field. I'm not a fast builder, so everything seems to take more time than I think it will. School starts for me on the 22nd, so even less time will be available. I have an actual academic class added to my art class, so there will actually be some serious study going on! I need to keep my "A" average up!

4 comments:

  1. Pumpkins!!! And you had a frog a while back...I am feeling right at home :D

    Lovely pictures!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I super jealous I never got mine in the ground. Yours are looking good, and good luck with school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkins appear to be growing beautifully. Now I'm worried about mine!

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.